100-Mile Swim Club
Get in great shape by setting a goal with your fellow FSU students and Leach members to swim 100 miles at the Leach throughout the school year! All finishers will receive an FSU Campus Rec 100 Mile Club T-Shirt and look and feel absolutely amazing!
You can swim as much as you would like to per day, but make sure you record it!
- Every day that you swim, on the paper provided, write the date, your first name, last initial, email address and the amount you swam that day and put it in the comment box located near the Lifeguard Office on the Leach Pool Deck.
- We will do the math for you. Just make sure you fill in one distance so that we can keep track of your miles!
- At the end of every week, we will count up your miles and keep it recorded for you until the race is over. If at any time you need to see how you are doing, please ask a student supervisor!
- Length = One end of the pool to the other (25 yards)
- Lap = Down and back (50 yards)
- 1 mile = 1,760 yards = Approximately 70 lengths or 35 laps at the Leach Pool
- Goal = 100 miles = 176,000 yards = 3,520 laps in the Leach Pool
There are several good ways to break up your swimming so that you don’t get bored.
- A lap of kicking counts as a lap of swimming so grab a kickboard and change it up a little bit!
- We have a variety of fins, paddles, and kickboards to use during your workouts to make your swim more enjoyable.
- Swimming back and forth for 45 minutes isn’t always fun.
- Break up your workout into smaller ones.
- You can also change your strokes as you go.
- Warm Up: 100 yd Swim, 100 yd Kick, 100 yd Swim
- Main Set: 5 x 100 yds with 40 seconds of rest in between each one, then 10 x 50 yds with 20 seconds of rest in between each one, finally 8 x 25 yd sprints on one minute.
- Cool Down: 200 yd Swim. Total Yards: 1700 yds swam.