Adult Swim Lessons
The Aquatics Department offers numerous classes each year for adults to learn to swim. Certified American Red Cross instructors teach all swimming classes. Enrollment for classes is limited in order to maintain quality instruction and an optimal teaching environment. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is available to any adult interested in learning to swim. Priority will be given to FSU Students, Faculty/Staff, and Leach Center Members.
- Registration will open Tuesday, January 10th at 10am online via Rec Connect or in person at the Guest Services Desk located in the Leach Recreation Center.
- Four fall sessions are available.
- All sessions containg 6 lessons.
- All classes meet twice each week on the days shown. Fridays are used for make-up classes (holidays or inclement weather).
Beginner Swim Lessons: Summer 2017
Beginnner lessons can help students and adults overcome their fear of the water and to learn the basic skills to achieve a minimum level of water competency and comfort.
These beginner classes are from 7PM-8PM on the dates listed below.
- Session 1: Tuesday, May 30th - Thursday, June 8th
- Will be conducted every weekday due to shorten session
- Session 2: Monday, June 12th- Thursday, June 29th
- Session 2A: Monday and Wednesday 7pm-8pm
- Session 2B: Tuesday and Thursday 7pm-8pm
- Session 3: Monday, July 10 -Thursday, July 27
- Session 3A: Monday and Wednesday 7pm-8pm
- Session 3B: Tuesday and Wednesday 7pm-8pm
- Saturday Session: June 3- July 22
- Make-Up Days:
- July 1st
- July 29th
- Make-Up Days:
- $30 / session FSU student
- Registration opens Tuesday, April 18th at 10am
- $40 / session Non-Student Leach Members
- Registration opens Tuesday, May 2nd at 10:00am
- $50 / session FSU Faculty/Staff
- Registration opens Tuesday, May 9th at 10:00am
- $60 / session Community
- Registration opens Tuesday, May 16th at 10:00 am
Stroke Development for Intermediate Swimmers: Fitness Swimming
This course is perfect for developing/refining your swimming strokes as well as preparing for fitness swimming and/or triathlon training.
These intermediate level classes are from 6pm-7pm on dates listed below:
- Stroke Development for intermediate swimmers will not be offered Summer 2017
- $30 / session (FSU student) or $40 / session (non-students)
- Registration begins Tuesday, January 10th
Everyone into the Pool!
Aqua Tone and Hydro Fit
These aren't your typical water aerobics classes. These pool based group fitness classes are a combination of cardio and strength training in a circuit format that is sure to give you a total-body workout. Located in the shallow end of the Leach Center pool, no swimming here, we will use different aquatic equipment, body weight, and the water to tone and build muscles. Be sure to wear proper swim attire!
Aqua Tone and Hydro Fit will resume after 2017 Spring Break