Group Fitness Instructor
The Group Fitness Instructor works closely with the Group Fitness Coordinator and Group Exercise Student Directors of the Leach Center and Fitness & Movement Clinic. This person has the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: (a) exercise leadership (b) practical concepts relating to Spinning®, Step, Barre, Yoga, Circuit and a variety of other formats.
- To educate and instruct participants incorporating safe and sound physiological principles, for the purpose of improving cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, and body composition.
- Be able to instruct participants in the proper technique and safety features in a group fitness class.
- Be familiar with proper posture, correct alignment, exercise selection, supervision, cueing, and motivational techniques
- To teach and emphasize the 5 components of fitness: Flexibility, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and Body Composition.
- Professional certification(s) REQUIRED for all Primary Group Exercise, Spinning®, Yoga and Pilates Instructors. Prior teaching experience is a plus!
- Must be able to work well with supervisors, employees, and participants
- Personable, approachable (not shy), helpful and energetic.
- Teachable, dependable and highly motivated to carry out orders and work hard.
- Passionate team player.
- Good communication skills.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid (successful candidates will be given 3 weeks to complete these certifications).
- Nationally recognized certifications (i.e. AFAA, ACE, Mad Dogg Spinning®, RYT-Yoga).
How to Apply
All applicants will complete an application HERE.
- All instructor applications must be submitted no later than Sunday, April 22nd at 12:00 pm.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an audition.
If hired, all new instructors must attend our mandatory staff meeting:
- Sunday, May 13th at 5:30 pm (No Exceptions)