The FSU Equestrian Club is a Sport Club at Florida State University. The club is open to all FSU students in good standing with the university. We encourage riders with all levels of interests and abilities to inquire and join. We have three teams within our club: Hunt Seat, Western, and Dressage. The FSU Equestrian Club is a dedicated, hardworking, and very talented group of students, and we are always looking for new members. Our hope is to inspire students to compete with their very best of efforts and enhance college experiences with a family-like atmosphere. The FSU Equestrian Club strives for blue ribbons both in and out of the arenas.
- Roster Size: roughly 60, 20 members per team
- Home Barn: Dressage - Southern Oaks Equestrian Center; Hunt Seat - Little Pond Farm; Western - Sykes Stables
- Practice Times: Competitive members are required to take at least one lesson per week, all members are welcome to take as many or few lessons as wanted.
- Governing Body: Dressage - Intercollegiate Dressage Association (IDA); Hunt Seat & Western - Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA)
- Regular Opponents: All schools in the Southeast Region
- Western rider Ellen Waidner competed at Semi-Zones and Dressage rider Lindsay Patt finished 2nd at IDA Nationals.