Seminole Dance Force
Seminole Dance Force (SDF) was created in 2001 as a competition and performance dance team at Florida State University and has become a nationally ranked college team throughout the years. Practicing 3 to 4 times a week, team members develop their technique with a diverse repertoire in jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, and ballet by dancing at many on-campus events, attending master classes or conventions and by competing annually in NDA National Collegiate Dance Competition. The team has performed at many of FSU's events such as Pow-Wow (Florida State's Homecoming Pep Rally), Spear It Night, Dance Marathon, Relay for Life, Market Wednesday, while volunteering in the Tallahassee community at the BIG Event for example.
SDF is a self-run organization, promoting dance as an industry. Every year we put together our very own showcase where members of the team are given the opportunity to showcase their own talent. This team gives a dancer many great opportunities and many ways to grow as a dancer and a person. From costume design, music selection and editing, business, choreography, and coaching, members are provided an opportunity to expand their interests and talents in dance.
**Auditions for the 2015-2016 team will be held in September 2015** (Date, time, and location are TBA)
- Roster Size: between 25-30
- Home Practice Facility: Dance Fusion Studios
- Practice Times: 3-4 times a week, two hours a day
- Governing Body: National Dance Alliance (NDA)
- Regular Opponents: At NDA we compete against schools like Clemson, NC State, Brigham Young, Louisville, West Virginia, ECU and many more
- 2015 NDA Nationals: Top 10 in the nation in Jazz and top 12 in Hip Hop