The Women's Rugby Club at Florida State was founded in 1975, and what started here changed the rugby world. Our team has won the National Championship four times ('79, '80, '84, '85). Our alumni include Cathy Flores, former head coach of the U.S. National Women's rugby team, and at least seven players who played or are playing for the U.S. National team. We teach the skills necessary to play the sport of rugby and encourage all shapes and sizes, plus all levels of experience (even if you have never even seen a rugby ball) to come out and join.
- Roster Size: 30
- Home Facility: Rec SportsPlex
- Practice Times: three times per week, two hours per session
- Governing Body: USA Rugby
- League: South Independent Rugby Conference (SIRC)
- Recent Opponents: Florida, Central Florida, Clemson, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, University of Georgia, and University of Tennessee
- The club placed 1st at the Battleship tournament and Savannah tournament.
- Andrea Cammarano made first conference team and Mary Blizzard made second conference team.
- Dana Meschisi made the National USA 7’s team.