Leach & Rez Lifeguards
Campus Recreation Lifeguards are responsible for the health and safety of all Leach Aquatic Center and Rez Waterfront patrons. Those lifeguards who successfully complete one semester with FSU Aquatics will be trained in American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding and will be given the opportunity to work at the FSU Rez where they will be responsible for the safety and supervision of our 73-acre waterfront facility. Lifeguards also have the ability to gain leadership experience through Student Director positions available to employees who demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
- Must be available to work at least one complete semester.
- Must be available to work 10+ hours per week.
- Must attend monthly in-service trainings typically held on Sunday evenings.
- Must be a FULL-TIME Registered FSU Student during semester of employment.
- Must have current certification in lifeguarding and CPR from a nationally recognized agency (recently expired certifications will be considered).
Skills Required for Interview
- Timed 200 yard swim
- Timed brick event (retrieve a 10 lb brick from approximately 10 ft of water, swim it across the 25 yard pool, exit without using a ladder)
- CPR skills
- Active Drowning Victim rescue skills
- Passive Drowning Victim rescue skills
- Spinal Approach and Turn Over
- Brief Interview
How to Apply
Option 2: Apply online here Leach Lifeguard Application