Registration opens Monday, April 8th at 10:00 am online via Rec Connect and in-person at the Guest Services Desk located at the front entrance of the Leach Recreation Center.
- April 8: Registration opens for current FSU Students
- April 15: Registration opens for FSU Faculty and Staff Campus Rec Members
- April 22: Registration opens for FSU Faculty and Staff non-members
- April 29: Registration open to General Public
Learning the Basics
We understand your fear and apprehension around water is very real. Our beginner lessons can help students and adults overcome their fear of the water and to learn the basic skills to achieve a minimum level of water competency and comfort.
- Current FSU Students: $30
- Campus Rec Members: $40
- FSU Faculty / Staff: $50
- Non-University: $60
- Days: Monday – Friday: June 10-14
- Time: 7pm-8pm
- Total Lessons: 5
- Location: Leach Center Pool
Course Goals: Help participants gain basic aquatic skills and swimming strokes. This courses teaches skills and concepts needed to stay safe in and around water and to help yourself or others in an aquatic emergency.