Registration opens Tuesday, January 8th at 10:00 am online via Rec Connect and in-person at the Guest Services Desk located at the front entrance of the Leach Recreation Center.
- April 8th – 14th : Current FSU Students
- April 15th – 21st : FSU Faculty and Staff Leach Members
- April 22nd – April 28th : FSU Faculty and Staff non-Leach members
- April 29th : Registration open to all!
Learning the Basics
We understand your fear and apprehension around water is very real. Our beginner lessons can help students and adults overcome their fear of the water and to learn the basic skills to achieve a minimum level of water competency and comfort.
- Current FSU Students: $30
- Campus Rec Members: $40
- FSU Faculty / Staff: $50
- Non-University: $60
- Days: Monday – Friday: June 10-14
- Time: 7pm-8pm
- Total Lessons: 5
- Location: Leach Center Pool
Course Goals: Help participants gain basic aquatic skills and swimming strokes. This courses teaches skills and concepts needed to stay safe in and around water and to help yourself or others in an aquatic emergency.