This course meets for 4 consecutive Thursday evenings. Attendance at all sessions is required.Safety Course Information Register Now on Rec Connect
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training program provides participants the skills, knowledge, and certifications needed to work as a professional lifeguard.
- Current FSU Students: $150
- Non-Students: $180
- Partial refund of $60 if registrant is unable to complete prerequisites
- Day 1: Thu Feb 7, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Day 2: Thu Feb 14, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Day 3: Thu Feb 21, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Day 4: Thu Feb 22, 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Location: Leach Center Wet Classroom
- 15 years of age
- 300 yard swim using freestyle or breaststroke (not timed, but must be continuous).
- Goggles are allowed.
- Ability to recover a 10-pound brick from a depth of 12 feet and swim 20 yards with the brick held in both hands while keeping your face above water. Participants must exit the pool without using stairs or a ladder in 1:40. Time stops when the participant has exited and is standing on the pool deck.
- Goggles are not allowed during this skill.
- 2 minute tread with hands in armpits
Registration opens Tuesday, January 8th at 10:00 am online via Rec Connect and in-person at the Guest Services Desk located at the front entrance of the Leach Recreation Center.