Enjoy our 16-lane pool, diving boards, whirlpool spas, steam rooms, and dry sauna at the Leach Student Recreation Center. All aquatic areas open when the Leach Center facility opens and close 15 minutes prior to facility closure. FSU students and Campus Rec members have unlimited access to our aquatic facilities, so try them out today!
The Leach Pool is a 16-lane by 25-yard indoor swimming facility. Lanes are available to Leach patrons for lap swimming at all times, unless closed for staff training or a special pool event. See the Lane Availability Schedule for regular events that may limit the number of lanes open for lap swimming. Special events and closure information is featured on the Aquatics home page.
Over the deep end of the pool are two 1-meter and two 3-meter diving boards.
Hoop it up in the pool. The water basketball goal is open throughout the day in the shallow end of the pool. Simply stop by the Lifeguard Office poolside to checkout the basketball for a game.
- No swimmer may use the pool alone; a lifeguard must be on duty.
- Shower before entering pool.
- A bathing suit is required for pool and spa areas.
- Persons with infections, conditions such as colds, open sores, or eye infections, shall not be permitted in the pool. No bandages or adhesive tape on body.
- Unnecessary roughness, pushing, horseplay, or running is prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, and glass containers are not permitted in the pool or pool area; bottled water is acceptable.
- Tobacco products and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Spitting or polluting the swimming pool water or related areas is prohibited.
- No animals in pool or on pool deck.
- Diving is only permitted in water depths of 9 ft and greater
- Children 17 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times and must pass a swim test in order to swim without a lifejacket.
- Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted.
- The Aquatic Director must approve use of snorkels, SCUBA gear, and starting blocks.
Heated to 104 degrees, our two whirlpools can accommodate up to 15 people in total.
Located off the pool deck, our two steam rooms are available to all Leach patrons. Remember, even in steam rooms, appropriate swimwear is required.
Enjoy the dry heat of our sauna. Again, appropriate swimwear is required in the spa area.
- Swim attire required.
- For health and sanitary reasons, appropriate swimwear is required in the hot tubs, steam rooms, and sauna. Shoes, pants, shirts may not be worn. Compression shorts are not considered appropriate swimwear.
- Shower before entering.
- No food or glass containers.
- Exposure limit: 10 minutes.
- Please shower to cool off.
- Children must be 8 years or older and accompanied by his/her guardian.
- Do not use if you have: heart disease, diabetes, high/ low blood pressure, skin infections, open sores, or are pregnant.
- Do not pour water on the rocks in the sauna.
- Exercising (including yoga) is prohibited in the sauna and steam room.
To ensure your safety and enjoyment, the lifeguards have the authority and responsibility to enforce all regulations. Failure to comply with our policies regarding facility access, use, and training may result in suspension or permanent removal of privileges.