Want one-on-one private instruction? FSU Aquatics offers private swim lessons for children and adults of all ages and abilities. These lessons are designed for non-swimmers learning basic skills and water safety, beginning swimmers transitioning to using defined strokes or advanced swimmers in need of stroke refinement. Certified American Red Cross instructors teach all swimming classes and are hand chosen/paired to ensure an optimal teaching environment. The instructor will be in the water as necessary to demonstrate each stroke and assist the swimmer. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Swim Lessons Policies
- Private lessons are not taught during any scheduled group swim lessons.
- Lessons are scheduled around pool availability during recreational swimming hours
- Lesson fees are non-refundable and non-transferable from member to member.
- All lessons must be used and redeemed within 12 months of purchase. Any lessons that were not used during the 12 month period will expire and the student must purchase a new training package if they wish to continue training.
- There are no refunds for those students who become injured, ill, or unable to use the remainder of their purchased lessons.
- If one student does not show for a scheduled semi-private lesson the lesson is still considered rendered for the group.
- Children/participants under the age of 18 may only schedule lessons Friday 5pm – Sunday 9pm, in accordance with the Leach Center Family Hours.
- At all times participants must follow Leach Center policies and procedures.
- Private Lessons will be based upon instructor availability. At certain times new participations to private lessons may be denied.
- Children are only allowed in the pool during their scheduled lessons. Swimming is not allowed in the pool before or after lessons
- Campus Recreation staff retains the final decision regarding interpretation and enforcement of facility rules. Failure to follow the instructions of Campus Recreation staff can result in suspension from the facility.