The Fitness Coach is an OPS position that works under the Assistant Director of Fitness and Fitness Coordinator in the Leach and FMC. Hours required to work are Weekdays: 5:45am-9am, 9-12pm, 12-3pm, 3-6pm, 6-9pm and some weekends. An average of 12 hours/week is required to remain employed. Fitness Coaches will gain experience working with clients, fitness program recommendations, time management and leadership. Fitness Coaches will be responsible for writing fitness programs for clients. It is an expectation the Fitness Coach will take their National Certification Exam within the first semester of hire. Fit Coaches will progress to being a Certified Personal Trainer by their second semester of employment.
Those who are hired must attend mandatory training
- Market Fitness Coach Sessions and Recruit Clients
- Provide 90 minute Fitness Coach session for clients
- Create and design 4-week client specific programs
- Be a source of knowledge; educate patrons on services offered
- Attend all continuing education and student development opportunities
- Serve as first responder during all non and life threatening emergencies
- Must be a current FSU student.
- Must be able to attend mandatory training dates.
- Ability to work 4 shifts and at least 12 hours per week.
- Ability to pick up and rack up to 45 pound weight plate and dumbbells.
- Successful candidates will possess:
- Knowledge of the 5 Components of Fitness.
- The ability to work well with supervisors, clients, and patrons.
- A positive attitude while working with clients in the facility.
- Good communication and observation skills
- Must obtain your national personal training certification within your first semester of employment.(NSCA, ACMS, NASM or ACE Certifications will be accepted)
- Certifications in American Red Cross First Aid & CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (Successful candidates will be given 1 month to complete these certifications in-house).
If you have any questions, please call us at 850-644-0547 or email us. You can also stop by the Leach Center or FMC during normal operating hours to talk with our staff about our job opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Rec team!