What can challenge do with your team?
Through FSU Challenge, your group can participate in Team Building and Recreational Programming activities.
- Our Team Building Programs offer groups the opportunity to work through challenges with specific learning outcomes in mind. Our facilitators will tailor the activities to your team, allowing them to take the lessons they’ve learned on the course back to the office, classroom, and real life.
- Our Recreational Programs are designed for one reason, to have fun! If you’re searching for a place for your team to enjoy each other’s company and experience an adrenaline rush together, this is the option for you.
Whatever the occasion, all sized groups are welcome to come out and participate in our programs.
Interested in a challenge program
through FSU Campus Recreation?
See Frequently Asked Questions below
Contact us at (850) 644-6124
Team Building – It’s fun! It’s a structured, facilitated experience. We create learning outcomes tailored to your groups’ needs and dynamics. Trained facilitators will guide you through these experiences!
- Express Courses – Action-based challenges in an open-field setting. This Course is geared towards strengthening your team, allowing for open communication, and helping to increase personal confidence. Book Now
- Low Challenge Courses – Challenges in a combination of open field and wooded settings. Involves balancing, jumping, or climbing on Low Challenge structures. Book Now
- High Challenge Courses – Challenges with activities up to a height of 40 feet while secured on a safety cable. The necessary climbing equipment and trained facilitators are provided. It involves balancing, jumping, ascending cargo nets and climbing on special structures. Book Now
- For participation in High Challenge Course activities, participants must weigh between 50 and 280 pound and be able to properly fit into our safety equipment. Please contact us with any questions your group members may have.
- Escape Room – Includes a 60-minute escape room experience and a debrief by one of our Challenge Course facilitators. The debrief will allow your group to focus on the team building components of the escape room. Upon escaping, your team will be able to reflect on how to use these learning outcomes throughout everyday tasks. Book Now
Recreational Programs – These are programs designed to have fun out on the course! Climb, Zip, Swing, and Escape to your heart’s content.
- Climbing Wall – 40-foot climbing wall. Necessary climbing equipment and instructor help is provided. Book Now
- Zip Jump – Zip line from our 40-foot tower. Two choices: “The Ripper” which includes a 10-foot freefall or “The TruBlu” which involves a longer, more scenic ride! Book Now
- Giant Swing – Step off the platform and experience a giant 95-foot pendulum swing. You will soar through the air like a superhero into the canopy. Book Now
- For participation on the climbing wall, zip jump, or giant swing activities, participants must weigh under 280 pounds, be at least 8 years old, and be able to properly fit into our safety equipment. Please contact us with any questions your group members may have.
- Escape Room – Includes a 60-minute escape room experience presented by an instructor who will set the mood and provide a clue or two during the heist. Your team will put their brain power to the test and collaborate with each other in order to solve puzzles, crack codes, and, ultimately, escape! Book Now
- Links and forms are available above. Each link is respective to the type of program listed.
- Courses require, at minimum, a two-week advance for booking. For larger groups more advanced notice is preferred.
- After filling out a reservation, a Challenge course team member will reach out to you within 2 – 3 days. We will confirm some details of your program, and gather more information to develop the program based on your team’s needs.
We are located at the FSU Rez. The “Rez” is located 1/4 mile from the airport and four miles from the Florida State campus.
While many of our offerings are only available through reservation, we do have some drop-in options.
- Climbing Wall (Free for current FSU students. $3 for non-students)
- Normal hours: Friday – Sunday | 1 – 5PM
- Normal hours exist during Fall and Spring semesters
- *Winter closure from Thanksgiving break – Spring break*
- Summer hours: Saturday – Sunday | 1 – 5PM
- Special Events (Check out our website for upcoming events!)
- Rez Days – Here’s your chance to come up on the course and play! During our Rez Days we provide a variety of activities that can include sections of the high course to try, zip jumps, and the giant swing.
- Escape Room Demos – Experience a 10-minute taste test of our one-hour program! Our Escape room is portable, so keep an eye out for when we bring it on campus!
- Crate Stacking – Imagine yourself 15 feet off the ground balancing on a stack of milk crates. Don’t worry, you’ll be properly secured to a rope just like at the climbing wall! We will teach you how to build a tower of milk crates while simultaneously climbing the stack. Show up and get your stack on!
- Each activity can be adapted to accommodate most ability types, and participant safety is supervised by trained facilitators. We will make every effort to accommodate different ability levels.
- All options are challenge by choice – we want you to be challenged and push your comfort zone but we will never force you to do something that is out of your comfort.
- The high challenge course activities do require some mild to moderate physical exertion (i.e. climbing up cargo nets, some swinging, and balancing).
- There are no age requirements for our express course, low course, or climbing wall.
- For our high course, the age requirement is at least 8 years old; participants should be able to properly fit into our safety equipment.
- For our escape room there are no age requirements, but we recommend participants be at least high-school-aged or older for a successful experience.
- Generally, for high courses, the weight limit is 280 pounds, with a minimum weight of 50 pounds.
- The participant must be able to properly fit into our safety equipment.
- Bring snacks and water bottles to stay hydrated! We will have water coolers on-site at the course, but we recommend to bring your own bottle.
- Closed toed shoes are required – participants will not be allowed to use the course without them. Crocs and toe-shoes will not fulfill this requirement. Athletic clothing and sunscreen are highly recommended.
- Bug spray can be helpful during the summer season.
- Feel free to bring a camera to capture the moments!
Team Building Programs
- Facilitated Escape Room: 1.5 – 2 hours
- Express Challenge: 1 – 2 hours
- Half Day Challenge (Low): 3 – 4 hours
- Half Day Challenge (High or Combo): 3 – 4 hours
- Full Day Challenge (Low or Combo): 6 – 8 hours
- Escape Room: 1.5 hours
- Climbing Wall: 3 hours
- Zip Jump: 3 hours
- Giant Swing: 3 hours
- Programs are available on weekdays and weekends.
- We recommend half day programs (3-4 hours) occur from 8 or 9 AM until 12 Noon, or from 1 to 5 PM. These times are recommended due to typical lunch times.
- We have realized that hangry people do not team build as effectively.
- Mornings are typically more popular, as it is less likely to storm.
- Rate is determined by the type of attendees, not the organizer. For example, an FSU employee booking a course for their friends who are not affiliated with FSU will not receive FSU pricing. Click here for Course Themes and Rates
- Pay by credit card online or check. Checks should be made out to FSU Reservation. Inter-Departmental Requisition (IDR) is accepted for FSU groups.
- Invoices are made and sent after the program is completed. It is based on the type of program and the number of participants that attended. We will charge for the actual number of participants or 80% of your declared number of participants; whichever is larger.
- Participants will have up to 48 hours before their program to contact FSU Challenge and adjust their group size.
- We team build rain or shine!
- Rain: We go on with scheduled programming.
- Lightning: If lightning is within ~20 miles of the facility, we will come down from the high course. If lightning is within ~10 miles of the facility, we will move the teambuilding to an indoor location.