About the Club
Cuong Nhu is a mixed martial arts the involves Shotokan Karate, Judo, Aikido, Boxing, Tai Chi, Wing Chun, and Vovinam. It was founded in 1965 by Grandmaster Ngo Dong. To participate here at FSU, you do not need to have any past experience or training in any kind of martial arts. We are a very recreational club that is made to take a break from school and focus on something else for a little while.
- Roster Size: Approximately 15
- Practice Space: Combatives Room, Basement of Tully Gymnasium
- Practice Times: three days a week, two hours per day
- Governing Body: Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts
- Regular Opponents: We have a seminar every semester where Sensei Vu, our instructor, goes over extra material that we have not had time to learn in class. Then we also perform a demo every semester at different fairs and events around campus to promote and showcase our club.