The Dr. Bobby E. Leach Student Recreation Center and Fitness & Movement Clinic hire students each semester to fill positions as Customer Service Representatives, Facility Maintenance Technicians, and Facility Courts Monitors. Promotional opportunities are available through an application and interview process to employees who demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
Customer Service Representative
- Provide exceptional customer service and troubleshoot any general questions regarding programming and facility usage.
- Manage facility access at the Leach Recreation Center and Fitness and Movement Clinic.
- Serve as a first responder or second responder during all non and life threatening emergencies.
- Oversee distribution of rental items at the Leach Recreation Center.
- Provide policy education and assist with spotting on the fitness floor.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
These certifications may be obtained within first semester of employment. While Campus Recreation does provide several discounted courses to staff, certifications are ultimately the financial responsibility of the employee.
- Positions are available to current FSU students.
- Ability to work between 8 – 10 hours per week
- Successful applicants will posses a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to accept feedback.
- Current Red Cross CPR/First-Aid certification. Opportunity for certification process provided by department once hired.
The typical hiring period for this position begins approximately 2 months prior to the end of each semester.
Job information sessions will be held on multiple days for prospective candidates to learn more about available positions. All interested applicants should attend an information session (just one!) for an overview of the positions, pay rates, and application details.
If you have any questions, please call us at 850-644-0548 or email us. You can also stop by the Leach Center or FMC during normal operating hours to talk with our staff about our job opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Rec team!