The Dr. Bobby E. Leach Student Recreation Center and Fitness & Movement Clinic hire students each semester to fill positions as Customer Service Representatives, Facility Maintenance Technicians, and Facility Courts Monitors. Promotional opportunities are available through an application and interview process to employees who demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
Customer Service Representative
- Provide exceptional customer service and troubleshoot any general questions regarding programming and facility usage.
- Manage facility access at the Leach Recreation Center and Fitness and Movement Clinic.
- Serve as a first responder or second responder during all non and life threatening emergencies.
- Provide support in the sale of retail items including goggles, water bottles, racquetballs, etc.
- Oversee distribution of rental items at the Leach Recreation Center.
Facility Maintenance Technician
- Routinely clean, install, organize, and maintain gym equipment.
- Problem solve facility issues regarding leaks, spills, and equipment failure.
- Respond to medical emergencies when presented.
- Regularly inspect equipment and facility quality.
- Replace sanitation wipes, paper towels, sanitizer bags, and soap bags.
Facility Court Monitor
- Provide information and support to all patrons engaging in open recreation during operating hours.
- Ensure safety and security on basketball courts at the Leach Recreation Center.
- Serve as first responder to all medical emergencies on courts and communicate to the proper personnel.
- Oversee the operation/functioning of basketball games on court one.
- Mitigate and control any issues that may arise during basketball games and activities on the courts during open recreation.
- Oversee the organization of all activity mats and ensure proper organization of recreation equipment.
- Positions are available to current FSU students.
- Ability to work between 5 – 10 hours per week
- Successful applicants will posses a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to accept feedback.
- Current Red Cross CPR/First-Aid certification. Opportunity for certification process provided by department once hired.
The typical hiring period for this position begins approximately 2 months prior to the end of each semester.
Job information sessions will be held on multiple days for prospective candidates to learn more about available positions. All interested applicants should attend an information session (just one!) for an overview of the positions, pay rates, and application details.
If you have any questions, please call us at 850-644-0548 or email us. You can also stop by the Leach Center or FMC during normal operating hours to talk with our staff about our job opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Rec team!