Fitness employees have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: cardiovascular and strength training programs, equipment management, and fitness floor supervision. Additional promotional opportunities are available through an application and interview process to employees who demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
Applications are now open! Apply by Wednesday, April 5th.
- Answer patron questions, assist with proper set-up of machines, demonstrate proper workout techniques and provide form corrections, and ensure the safety of patrons in workout areas of the Leach Student Recreation Center and Fitness & Movement Clinic
- Assist with check-ins for group fitness classes
- Re-rack weights within designated areas, when necessary
- Serve as a first responder to medical emergencies within facility
- Positions are available to current FSU students.
- Ability to work a minimum of 6 hours per week.
- Current Red Cross CPR/First-Aid certification. Opportunity for certification process provided by department once hired.
- Ability to demonstrate and spot major exercises such as squat, bench press, etc.
- Must be able to safely lift and rack 45 lb. weight plates and heavy dumbbells.
- Successful candidates must also possess good communication skills, a positive attitude and work well with supervisors, employees, and patrons of the facility.
If you have any questions, please call us at 850-644-1613 or email us. You can also stop by the Leach Center or FMC during normal operating hours to talk with our staff about our job opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Campus Rec team!