The Intramural Sports Official is an entry level position in the Intramural Sports program. In this role, employees officiate and scorekeep game play in a variety of Intramural Sports events.
A student can become an official by:
- Attending an Employee Information Session
- Attending the officials training clinic (sport specific)
- Completing and scoring an acceptable level on the sport rules exam and the on field/on court evaluation
- Come to each shift ready to step in the field/ court.
- Respect all fellow staff members.
- Constantly improve rules knowledge, game control and mechanics.
- Use constructive criticism as a tool to get better.
- Assist with field setup and breakdown at the start/end of your shift.
- Hustle and stay focused on the game at hand.
- Ensure that the playing conditions are the safest possible (notify a supervisor if unsafe conditions arise).
- Hold oneself to the highest level of integrity in terms of fairness and consistency.
- During downtime, watch other games and identify areas for personal improvement.
- Assist supervisors with facility cleanup and closing.
- You must fill out the Job Interest Form in order to attend training.
- Attendance is required for each of the days listed for each clinic. The only excused absence that will be accepted for missed clinic dates is if the date and time of the clinic conflicts with an academic class or meeting.
- Once hired, Intramural Sports continues to evaluate and work to improve each official during the season, as officiating takes time to master.
Soccer Officials Training Clinics
Softball Officials Training Clinics
Flag Football Officials Training Clinics
Volleyball Officials Training Clinics
If you have any questions, please contact us at 850-644-2430 or via email at email@example.com. You can also stop by the Intramural Sports Office in 1035 Tully Gym during normal business hours to talk with our staff about our job opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Intramural Sports team!