FSU Challenge is a Campus Recreation program aimed at providing the opportunity to for groups to experience quality team-building. The program focuses on helping groups come closer together, overcome differences, learn about each other, build self-esteem, and have fun. Facilitators will tailor the activities to teams, allowing them to take the lessons they’ve learned on the course back to the office, classroom, and real life. Our courses are located on beautiful Lake Bradford at the Rez and is open to FSU students, faculty and staff as well as to the surrounding community.
This job application is to be submitted by individuals who want to be considered for the Low Challenge Course Facilitator position.
- Provide high-quality customer service with participant groups.
- Work with clients to develop, plan, and lead activities utilizing low challenge course elements, group games, and ice breakers. Activities will encourage problem solving and team building within the group.
- Facilitate conversations and group discussions with participants to enhance growth, development, and team bonding.
- Inspect course equipment to ensure equipment and low course elements are in safe working condition. Notify staff if elements are in need of repair.
- Assist with special event and Rez Days programming as needed.
- Serve as a first or second responder during all non- and life-threatening emergencies.
- Upon completion of our low facilitator program, you will be eligible to participate in our high facilitator trainings and work on the high course.
- Positions are available to current FSU students and non-students.
- Ability to attend monthly staff meetings.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Staff must have own transportation to the FSU Lakefront Park, which is located 4 miles off campus.
- Successful applicants will possess a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to accept feedback.
- Requires a minimum 1-year commitment to employment.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
These certifications may be obtained within first semester of employment. While Campus Recreation does provide several discounted courses to staff, certifications are ultimately the financial responsibility of the employee.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 850-644-6124 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining the FSU Challenge team!