Apply to be an Outdoor Pursuits Trip Leader!
Outdoor Pursuits enhances the Florida State University community by organizing diverse adventure activities while offering extensive leadership opportunities. Trip Leaders are a key component of the planning, and execution of the excursions and workshops offered by Outdoor Pursuits. Join our team and get the opportunity to lead day, weekend, and week-long trips in beautiful locations around the country. We can help you learn and refine skills, make new friends, and explore all that the outdoors has to offer.
Outdoor Pursuits trip leaders are responsible for:
- Providing top-quality customer service
- Driving FSU vehicles as customer transportation
- Trip planning, preparation, breakdown, and debrief
- Maintenance, organization, and repair of outdoor equipment
- Oversee trip risk management
- Attending Outdoor Pursuits training and staff meetings
- Obtaining and maintaining up-to-date Outdoor Pursuits Trip Leader Certifications
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
These certifications may be obtained within first semester of employment. While Campus Recreation does provide several discounted courses to staff, certifications are ultimately the financial responsibility of the employee.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain Wilderness First Aid and CPR/Lifeguard Certifications within the first semester of work
- Must be available on the weekends
- Must have a desire to work outdoors
- Must commit to advancing ones skills and knowledge in a backcountry setting
- Prior knowledge of outdoor recreation equipment is desirable for this position
- High energy and enthusiasm is desirable for this position
- Free equipment rental for personal use
- Reduced Outdoor Pursuits trip fees
- Wide variety of training in various outdoor activities
- Access to various “pro deals” and discounts on purchasing personal gear
- Joining a team of fun and knowledgeable students that share a passion in outdoor recreation and are committed to developing their personal leadership style as well as growing individually and with their peers
If you have any questions, please contact Sean Bricker at 850-645-2750 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.