Join our team in Outdoor Pursuits! Outdoor Pursuits is FSU’s outdoor adventure program. We travel all over the country with day, weekend, and week-long trips to great outdoor adventure destinations. Every adventure is unique, and each offers an opportunity to develop new skills, enhance your appreciation of the wilderness, adapt to new and challenging situations, and build lifelong relationships.
- Provide top-quality customer service
- Attend OP Training Sessions and Staff Meetings
- Maintain, organize, and repair outdoor equipment
- Shadow weekend trips when assigned
- Complete OP Trip Leader Checklist within first semester of employment
- Obtain and keep up-to-date OP Trip Leader certifications
- Currently enrolled Florida State Student
- Available on weekends
- Willingness to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisor
- CPR/First Aid certified (within first semester of work)
- Knowledge of outdoor recreation equipment is desirable (not required)
- Willingness and desire to learn about and practice outdoor ethics & “Leave No Trace” principles
- An overall desire be a part of the OP team while striving to improve all aspects of the program
- High energy and enthusiasm desirable for this position!
- Wide variety of training in various outdoor activities
- Meet other people who are also interested in outdoor activities
- Free equipment rental for personal use
- Shadowing Trip Leaders on scheduled trips at no cost
- Reduced trip fees on trips you are not shadowing
- Various “pro deals” and discounts on buying personal gear
If you have any questions, please contact us at 850-645-2750 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Outdoor Pursuits!