The following policies apply to guests and activities at Dr. Bobby E. Leach Student Recreation Center and the Fitness & Movement Clinic. Send us an email via our Contact Us page or give us a call at (850) 644-0548 with any questions. Policies are effective August 20, 2018.
Leach Center and FMC Facility Access
The Leach Center and the Fitness & Movement Clinic are member-only facilities. Current FSU students may access both facilities with their current, valid FSUCard. Faculty, staff, and FSU affiliates may purchase memberships to gain access to the fitness facilities. Guest passes are available to affiliated and non-affiliated persons for access to either facility.
- Patrons must present their FSUCard for entry into each facility.
- Access to both facilities is available only during designated periods with Campus Recreation staff present. Any unauthorized use during closed or unsupervised periods is considered trespassing.
- General access to any facility may be limited during intersession and holiday breaks and due to special reservations or rentals.
- It is a violation of University policy to utilize any FSU facility during supervised or unsupervised periods for personal financial gain (See “Unauthorized Personal Training” below).
- No pets, alcohol, tobacco, glass containers, or weapons are permitted at all Campus Recreation facilities.
Students, faculty, staff, members, and guests of Campus Recreation facilities and programs shall behave with civility and appropriate conduct and comply with posted instructions or signs and with the directions of Departmental staff and University officials while utilizing the facilities, programs, and services. Users must present valid FSUCard when requested by any Campus Recreation staff member.
Aggressive, unsafe, or reckless behavior is explicitly forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to: promoting or engaging in physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion, and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person. The use of fighting words to harass any employee or guest in connection with official University functions or University-sponsored programs is prohibited.
Engaging in disorderly or lewd conduct, including being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances is strictly prohibited.
Entering unauthorized areas such as offices, maintenance workshops, or storage rooms without the express permission of Campus Recreation will be considered trespassing.
Posting, advertising, conducting unauthorized private lessons or training, and soliciting individuals for personal services, businesses, or agencies are prohibited in departmental facilities.
Rules for utilizing facility space or equipment or participating in departmental activities are established by specific departmental programs or facility areas and are posted at or near the specific space or activity or are reviewed by staff prior to the activity. Questions regarding rules should be directed to Campus Recreation staff prior to participation.
Individuals or groups found in violation of any provisions of these policies are subject to immediate removal from a facility or activity, suspension of future facility or activity privileges, forfeiture of all fees, and further actions by the Department of Campus Recreation, Dean of Students Office, FSU Police, and other University entities.
Fitness Floor Policies
- All users must wear appropriate workout attire and closed-toe, non-marking, athletic shoes. Personal belongings must be kept in a locker and off the fitness floor.
- Only water and sports drinks are allowed on the fitness floor or near any fitness equipment. All beverages must be in a sealed container. Disposable cups are not permitted. No food or gum is permitted on the fitness floor.
- Users shall clean equipment after use. Complementary sanitizing wipes are available at cleaning stations and workout towels are available at the front desk.
- Cell phone use for talking or messaging is prohibited on the fitness floor. Photography and audio/video recording is prohibited in all areas of the facility without prior approval.
- Patrons lift at their own risk. If in doubt, please consult a Fitness staff member prior to using the equipment.
- No slamming or dropping of weights. Users must return bars/weights and fitness equipment to their proper locations immediately after use.
- Free weights must remain in spaces designated for free weight use and may not be transported to other areas of the facility.
- Olympic lifting is permitted in designated areas and at designated times only, under the supervision of Campus Recreation staff.
- Personal exercise equipment and the use of chalk are prohibited on the fitness floor.
- Unauthorized personal training is prohibited.
- Patrons are asked to adhere to a 30-minute time limit for all cardio equipment during peak times. Peak times are defined as those instances when all pieces of one equipment type are in use.