The following policies apply to guests and activities at FSU Campus Recreation Competitive Sports Facilities. Send us an email via our Contact Us page or give us a call at (850) 644-7902 with any questions. Policies are effective August 3, 2018.
The Rec SportsPlex (RSP) located on the Southwest Campus at 3950 Tyson Road is a limited-access facility with general access available only during designated periods with Campus Recreation staff present. Any unauthorized use during closed or unsupervised periods is considered trespassing.
Main Campus Fields
The Main Campus Fields (MCF) located across from Doak Campbell Stadium at 1001 West St. Augustine Street is an open-access facility with general access available to University community members (students and staff) during daylight hours and select evening hours. Users may be required to present current, valid FSUCard during prime evening and weekend hours.
The Westside Courts (WC) located behind Salley Hall at 240 Hull Drive is an open-access facility with general access available to University community members (students and staff) during daylight hours and select evening hours. Users may be required to present current, valid FSUCard and hold a valid membership during prime evening and weekend hours.
Speicher Tennis Center
Speicher Tennis Center located next to Tully Gym at 121 Chieftan Way is an open-access facility with general access available during daylight hours and evenings when not in use by scheduled programs or events. Users may request court lights at the facility during evening hours by contacting 850-644-2424. Users may be required to present current, valid FSUCard during select prime hours.
Tully Gymnasium located next to the Leach Center at 139 Chieftan Way is a closed-access facility with access available only for the scheduled activities of the Department of Sport Management, Athletics, and Campus Recreation. No general access is available (no free play or pick-up games).
Bill Harkins Field
Bill Harkins Fields located between the Leach Center and the circus is a closed-access facility with access available only for the scheduled activities of the College of Music, ROTC, Campus Recreation, and Athletics. No general access is available (no free play or pick-up games).
General Use Policies
- All active users must be current FSU students, faculty, or staff unless approved for a special event.
- Users must present valid FSUCard ID when requested by any Campus Recreation staff member.
- No pets, alcohol, tobacco, glass containers, or weapons are permitted at all Campus Recreation facilities.
- Appropriate footwear and attire is required of all participants and attendees.
- Sports, recreation, and related warm-up activities must occur in designated areas only.
- Golf or other activities that may cause damage to the playing fields are prohibited.
- Scaling and jumping any fence throughout the facility is not permitted.
- Participants and spectators shall beware of possible flying balls, bats, and other objects.
- All patrons must follow the instructions given by Campus Recreation staff members. Violators are subject to ejection and suspension from the facility and other Campus Recreation programs, services, and facilities.
Holiday & Intersession Access
General access to any facility may be limited during intersession and holiday breaks and due to special reservations or rentals.
Personal Financial Gain Prohibited
It is a violation of University policy to utilize any FSU facility during supervised or unsupervised periods for personal financial gain. A valid, authorized facility rental is required. Visit our Reservations and Rentals section for more information.