Florida State University's Fitness program offers a variety of training options for students and members from one-time consultations to regular personal training sessions. Our entire staff is comprised of nationally-accredited, certified personal trainers.
One-Time Fitness Coaching Sessions
- Educational sessions to help you learn about different equipment, fitness, and training principles.
- A great start for members new to fitness, or current members looking to enhance their existing workout plans.
- One FREE 90-minute session available to all FSU students. A 60-minute session is available for $12 for non-students.
- Work one-on-one with a Fitness Coach and have them design a 4-week workout routine tailored to your goals and fitness level.
- Use the designed program as a guideline for your independent workouts.
- When you're ready for an update, schedule a 60-minute follow-up session for just $10 (students) or $12 (non-students).
No application is required. For a one-time fitness coaching session, simply stop by the Fitness Desk in the Leach Center or Fitness & Movement Clinic to speak with a staff member and sign-up!
3 FREE Personal Training Sessions
- All FSU students are eligible for 3 FREE personal training sessions with a nationally-accredited, certified personal trainer while applications last.
- This 3-FREE package is available only ONCE to each FSU student.
- Each session is 60 minutes long, and is geared toward improving your current workout routine, and offering new and innovative exercises to help you reach your specific fitness goals - basic fitness, strength, endurance, cardiovascular fitness, sport specific training, and more.
- A great step towards developing a more robust and comprehensive workout plan that you can follow.
Applications are REQUIRED and are available throughout the semester. Watch our Fitness News for application dates. Stop by the Fitness Counter at the Leach Center or the Fitness and Movement Clinic to speak with one of our Fitness Staff to sign up!
Premium Personal Training
Want our top-of-the-line Personal Training service? It's everything you want and more in Personal Training! Personal (1-on-1) and Partner (2 clients, 1 trainer) Training packages are available at great rates. Packages range from four sessions to semester-long packages. See our Personal Training Packages for more details. And, ask our Fitness Staff about current specials, discounts, and FREE services available when signing up for our larger packages!
Our Fitness team provides several assessments to help you establish a baseline for a workout plan or track your progress towards a sensible fitness goal. Fitness assessments are available for students, members, and non-members, some free, others at varying rates.
- Build: Assess your body composition with our quick skinfold test or the advanced Bod Pod measurement.
- Fitness: Evaluate your overall fitness and wellness with our Polar Tri-Fit test which examines the five components of fitness.
From Start to Fitness to Couch to 5K, FSU Fitness offers several great small group training programs. Jump to our Small Group Training Programs page to learn more about the opportunities to work with a small group of people on specific skills or towards a specific goal.
Florida State University's Strength & Conditioning program now offers Olympic lifting in the Leach Center with 2 new platforms in the Annex area. The Olympic lifting area is a monitored, controlled space where FSU students and Campus Rec members may perform Olympic-style lifts after meeting certain safety criteria. Each Olympic lifter must be approved by FSU Campus Recreation prior to lifting.
Learn more about Olympic Lifting including rules, reservation times, skills classes, and skills test sessions.