A 2010 NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facilities National Award Winner
3950 Tyson Road, Tallahassee, 32310
Map & Directions Web Page | Full Page PDF | Half Page PDF
Located on FSU’s Southwest Campus, the Rec SportsPlex is a 104-acre facility that encompasses 21 sports fields and additional activity spaces. Among the 21 fields are 12 multipurpose fields for IM flag football and rec soccer, 4 tournament fields for sport club activities such as rugby and lacrosse, and 5 separate softball diamonds. The Rec SportsPlex is a limited-access facility, providing space for the recreational activities of current FSU students, faculty, and staff during designated open hours only, weather permitting.
- All active users must be current FSU students, faculty, or staff unless approved for a special event.
- Users must present valid FSUCard ID when requested by any Campus Recreation staff member.
- No pets, alcohol, tobacco, glass containers, or weapons are permitted at all Campus Recreation facilities.
- Appropriate footwear and attire is required of all participants and attendees.
- Sports, recreation, and related warm-up activities must occur in designated areas only.
- Golf or other activities that may cause damage to the playing fields are prohibited.
- Scaling and jumping any fence throughout the facility is not permitted.
- Participants and spectators shall beware of possible flying balls, bats, and other objects.
- All patrons must follow the instructions given by Campus Recreation staff members. Violators are subject to ejection and suspension from the facility and other Campus Recreation programs, services, and facilities.
Facility Construction & Grand Opening
The Rec SportsPlex represents the culmination nearly 5 years of promotion, planning, and development. Look back at our Fall Grand Opening Events in September and October 2007. Or, view our Construction Photo Gallery for a visual timeline of the progress from November 2006 through September 2007.
Call the Intramural Sports Staff at 850.644.2430 or email us for more information.