The Fitness Consultant works closely with the Fitness Director and Student Directors in the FSU Fitness Center. This person has the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: cardiovascular and strength training programs, equipment management, and fitness floor supervision. The program expectation is that by the 3rd semester, the Consultant will become a nationally certified Personal Trainer, build a client base and personally train clients.
- Must be available to work for a MINIMUM of 3-consecutive semesters
- Must be available to work 12+ hours per week.
- Must be a FULL-TIME Registered Student for Spring 2017 and Fall 2017 Semesters, and taking AT LEAST 3 CREDITS for the whole Summer 2017 Semester.
- Applicants with educational backgrounds in Exercise Science, Nutrition & Fitness, and other related fields will be given priority over all others. Applicants without appropriate educational background should possess a strong practical knowledge of strength and cardiovascular training.
- Must be able to work well with supervisors, employees, and participants.
- Personable (not shy), helpful, and exhibits a positive attitude and initiative in working with patrons.
- Teachable, dependable, and highly motivated to work hard/follow through with commitments and responsibilities.
- Must have good communication and observation skills.
Good Physical Condition
- Ability to demonstrate and spot major exercises such as squat, bench press, etc.
- Must be able to pick-up and rack 45 lb. weight plates and heavy dumbbells.
How to Apply
- Complete the Fitness Consultant Application and turn in at the Leach Center Fitness Counter no later than Monday, November 21st at 12 Noon.
- If selected, attend an interview session between Monday, November 25th and Wednesday, November 30th.
- If hired, must attend mandatory training course: Saturday, December 17th through Wednesday, December 21st (9a-6p daily).